10 Fun Facts About Harvard University
The excellence in research and training of Harvard University (USA) has created a long list of famous alumni. However, not everyone knows well about this university.
Here are 10 fun facts about Harvard University that Boggling Facts “discovered” out.
1. This university has more than 360,000 alumni spread throughout the world.
2. As one of the highest fighting rate university, Harvard only receives about 6% of the total study filings.
3. The average starting salary of graduates from Harvard is $ 60,000.
4. There have been eight US presidents graduated from Harvard. They are John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, George W. Bush, Rutherford Hayes and of course, Barack Obama.
5. John Harvard, the symbol of this university, particularly donated the entire collection of 400 books and half of his property for the school.
6. In 2013, Harvard’s financial aid to students reached a new record of 182 million.
7. The university was founded in 1636 and as well as is the first university in the US.
8. Among those who signed the Declaration of Independence United States, there are 8 people who graduated from Harvard.
9. The school has started teaching students before having calculus subject.
10. In fact, 38% of Harvard students are non-religious.